- I did something today, that yesterday even talking about how scary it was made me literally sob. Today I conquered great big hairy scary FEAR (insert dramatic music interjection here). I introduced myself to a business manager, told them the services I offered, gave them a few of my business cards, and then asked them to pass the spares to anyone they came across needing graphic design services. Much to my own pleasant surprise, I did none of the following: have a massive panic attack, forget essential parts of the English language, or shit myself. I did it. I did it afraid, but I DID IT.
- I got new specs fo’ FREE! A friend that works at a lens lab hooked me up with a special program their company does to get folks without insurance new glasses.
- Hunky got new specs fo’ FREE, too!
- And then aforementioned friend took me out to McDonald’s for lunch.
- Hunky got me an early birthday present today. I have “I’ve no job but I’ve got great boots!” boots! Black leather, and they’ve got heels. Like, not motorcycle boots’ “I’ll ride my bike OVER you, bitch” heels; like, “Day-um, Tom, quit grabbing my ass! We’re in public, man!” heels. I don’t get it. The male readers reader here probably understands this phenomenon, but I do not get how heels make our asses hotter.
It was a very good day. *sighs contentedly*