Man, I was really worried I wouldn’t have anything to post today beyond “And then I had a microwave dinner for lunch. It was a Boston Market Roasted Pork with Mashed Red Potatoes.” Because, remember, No One Cares What You Had for Lunch. Which, by the by, is still sitting here on my desk undisturbed because no, I couldn’t think of anything I wanted to write, but let’s not get crazy and actually DO something about it. It’s ever so much more fun to simply sit and stew.
Ms. Maxwell came to my rescue and tagged me for the 7 things meme. I’m sure I’ve done this one a time or few, but I’m going to attempt to come up with 7 things you guys don’t know about me. It should be easy what with how much I hold back from you and am generally painfully shy and retiring. *poker face breaks* I’m sorry, I couldn’t deadpan, it was just too hard! I accost you with my verbal diarrhea and molest you with my many instances of “Thank you for visiting The Temple of TMI – Please drive through” on a regular basis, and then have the nerve to act surprised when my subscriber count plunges from 25 to 9 in one day!
Alrighty then, on with the show.
- I don’t like parties. They give me panic attacks. I hate enduring people I don’t know and small talk and crowds and noise. If I must attend a party, I try to find a corner to plant myself in with a few people I know to shoot the shit with until I can gracefully leave. It wears me out so bad, I need to nap when it’s over.
- I’ve never had a bikini wax. Yes, I do landscape the private property; but even after dropping two kids out the escape hatch with no epidural, I am too afraid of how painful it would be. There will be a blizzard in hell before anyone gets near the nether regions with hot wax.
- The highest wage I have ever earned is $14.50/hour designing booklets and forms for standardized testing across the nation. It wasn’t enough. I was only there 10 weeks before I found the next job and moved on.
- Dude, this is REALLY hard. Too many of my IRL (In Real Life) friends read this blog! I am having a seriously hard time coming up with stuff all y’all wouldn’t know about me! … ok, only my Dad may remember this fun little tidbit of history. I skipped school so much my junior year of high school, I almost didn’t get to graduate with my class. I had to take night school my senior year to make up the credits to go through the ceremony. How many of you already knew that? Kizzle? Todd or Jason, did you remember that?
- It’s getting tight; it’s 11:45pm! Um… um… many times I played hooky from school because I didn’t have my homework done. I procrastinated so badly, that I stayed home from school and instead of watching cartoons, I did homework. I’m a moron.
- I’ve never tried escargot or oysters. I almost gag at even the thought of something that slithery coming near my mouth. *shudders*
- My senior year, I got the lead in the play You Can’t Take It With You and The Girl Beater told me that because the female lead kisses the male lead, I was going to give up the part or he was going to break up with me. But then the play got canceled. I can’t remember why. But I was upset not that it was canceled, but because I wanted him to break up with me. I didn’t have the strength to do it, but by then, I knew the relationship was going to end one way or another.
Ok, have to tag quickly and then leave comments tomorrow! Andi, City Girl, Colleen, Jenn, Jeanette, Jim, and Pamela; one long-time friend and lots of new friends that I need to know more about anyway!