I almost forgot to write today and my hubster has already turned in, so here’s a quick one for you. I’ve seen people do Thursday Thirteen, and it sounds like a great way to bang out a post.
THIRTEEN THINGS ON MY DESK that might tell you just how much of a crazy freek I am:
- A binder almost four inches thick with almost all my old film negatives, sorted chronologically. Each roll gets its own slicky and negative sleeves with post-its all over it noting dates and identifying clues. Example: “91-06-01(ish?) at senior swingout with Amy and company because [The GirlBeater] took off in a huge temper tantrum. Ass.” Some I have already scanned and have index prints.
- My dSLR with pictures on the card to be downloaded and pick out a couple for Weekly Winners. (I remembered this week! Yay, me!)
- Puffs Plus Vicks Scented with Aloe. My nose is very high maintenance. It has an unhealthy sense of entitlement that would rival Paris Hilton’s.
- My wireless keyboard that is now JUNK because one of my rugrats spilled a mysterious liquid into it. Literally. I turned it upside down and a 1/2 cup of something fell out.
- Christmas candy. ALREADY. Actually, this is less about me being a freek as it is Hunky, because HE’S the one that picked up the Reese’s Bells. Ok, but I admit, YUM.
- A box of pens and pencils that is just a drop in the ocean of all the pens and pencils in this house. Can NO ONE THROW AWAY A WRITING UTENSIL?!
- A stack of approximately 5 DVDs from a bundle of 25. But I definitely DO NOT borrow my friends’ movies and break the encryption and make a copy for myself. Because that would be WRONG. Especially if it was three full seasons of Desperate Housewives.
- No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas For Your Blog. Oh, yes I DID.
- Small Post-its. I loooooove small Post-Its. I put them all over the damn place.
- Every time I type the word “Post-its”, I am very careful to type that, because in my head I can’t NOT say Post-Tits.
- The manual for my dSLR, which I’m currently trying to memorize.
- My “I Voted” sticker. And some Obama ’08 stickers.
- My sunglasses I bought at Meijer when I went to visit my sister in July. They make me feel like a rockstar because my Leetil Seester picked them out and she has waaaaaaay better fashion sense than me. And she actually wears make-up every day! And she looks like she stepped out of a Banana Republic catalog. I wear make-up about four times a year and I wear almost the same thing every day: jeans (prefer Levi’s 518s), t-shirt and sweatshirt, a matching set from VS, and Chuck Taylors.
Rip it, roll it, and punch it, dude. And I get in under the line! 20 minutes before deadline, thankyouverymuch!