The Hunk tagged me. I’ll get him for that later. He owes me anyway.
“Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”
- I live in a world full of Charlie Brown Adults. I am hard of hearing. I have a degenerative nerve disease that causes my inner ear to not repair itself when it’s damaged. I have almost no midtones left but still have some hearing in the treble and bass range. I may be Deaf by the time I’m 50 or 60. I’m taking sign language classes and teaching my friends and family in the hopes that by the time I am Deaf, I will be completely fluent in ASL. I have about 40% hearing left, I’m guessing, so I’m not deaf, but I’m also not hearing, which can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. I often wish that some morning I’ll wake up either completely healed or completely deaf. I’ve had about enough of living in limbo.
- I must count things that are repetitive. I don’t have to do them a certain number of times, but I must count in my head, and sometimes under my breath. For example, when I’m standing in front of the paper towel dispenser in the rest room, I must count how many times I hit the handle.
- I have strong faith. I don’t care if I do get completely flamed for this, but that guy that came up with the whole “Religion is the opiate of the masses” thing can just bite me. I’m still on the face of this earth only because there is a God in heaven that watches over me, guides me, blesses me, corrects me, and tells me how He wants me to live. I do wrestle with some of the issues, but for the most part, I’m all, Yay God!
- I’m not the mom I thought I’d be. I pictured all these wonderful Kodak Moments and I want my money back. I do a pretty decent job as The Darling Wife as The Hunk can attest to. But I admit I’m way too selfish to be the mom I thought I’d be.
- I hate being wet; I’m like a cat. I’m all about the tanning and reading a good book, But I’ll pass on actually getting in a pool, unless my friends are making strong threats. Which they’ve been known to do, and also carry through on. I don’t mind showering, because I promise I do do that every day; but within three seconds of the water ceasing, the towel is all over my face, rubbing it dry fast enough to risk setting my head aflame.
- I have items on my To Do or Die List that are over a year old. Seriously. I also have unfinished craft projects over 10 years old. *sigh*
- I have a motorcycle I am completely terrified of. Kawasaki 440LTD. I hate the feeling of being so out of control and not knowing how what I might do is going to affect the motorcycle. I hate feeling so incompetent. Every moment I’m on the damn thing, I feel like it’s going to prove to everyone around me what an idiot I am. Which leads me to…
- I was in a motorcycle accident Thursday night. All the sordid details are here. I have road rash on the heel of my left hand, my left knee, and I’m probably going to lose my left toenail. I was a dumbass wearing flip flops on a motorcycle because I couldn’t be bothered to take two minutes and go into the house and get socks and shoes. But I was wearing my helmet.
Remember that sticker that I made for my mom’s trailer? My stepfather may have hooked me up with a place to SELL THEM. Rock ON! Further updates as events warrant.
That meeting I mentioned last post went Oh-so-very-well. I’ve put in several hours this week and am going to bring home the bacon AND fry it up in a pan. But Hunky is doing dishes.
Not my best work here tonight. But that happens. Moving on.
Rip it, roll it, and punch it, dude. Party on, Wayne.